Everything we saw in the movies, or read about and could not even imagine, happened. The distant future, or so we thought. Nevertheless, here we are, trapped in the virus pandemic straight out of the Dean Koontz novels. The most important thing we should remember is to keep our heads cool and protect ourselves, as well as others around us. Fighting Corona in Australia could be made fun, and it certainly has some advantages.
The Relief Measures in Western Australia
Western Australia is apparently leading the way in providing relief to people in these difficult times. Reportedly, WA Premier, Mark McGowan stated:
“We are in uncharted territory and there’s no doubt our economy is going to feel the effects of COVID-19. For the first time in 16 years, household fees and charges will be frozen, providing relief and certainty to each and every Western Australian. It’s this relief and certainty that can help give Western Australians the confidence to continue to spend and support our local economy during these times.”
We must say, this is a very generous move, and more than many other governments have done. As a quick reminder, these are the economic relief measures (including the AU$607m stimulus package) that apply to Australians in WA:
- Household fees and charges, including electricity, water, motor vehicle charges, emergency services levy and public transport fares will be put on until July 1, 2021 at least.
- Energy assistance payment is doubled from $300 to $600 for vulnerable Western Australians
- Small businesses will receive help of overall amount $114m, including a one-off grant of $17,500
- If you own a small business that has suffered because of the ongoing situation, you can postpone the payroll tax payments until July 21 2020.
- If you are working in a public sector in WA, you can get 20 days of sick leave, in case you need to stay at home.
What You Can Do to Make Things Better
As a girl, I was taught that bravery is when you protect yourself and loved ones from others. However, honor is protecting others from yourself. It seems that the time has come to put old times’ wisdom into practice.
- Apart from washing your hands regularly and keeping the safe physical distance from people, there is so much more you can do to fulfil your time.
- If you are isolated, start by exploring the subjects you have been interested in for a while. Presumably, there are things that you can learn about online.
- Text someone you are thinking about. Although we strongly believe that nothing can replace face to face conversation, there are stuff that are easier said via messages. You never know what may happen and how deeply you can connect with someone this way.
- Be creative. Whether its writing, making videos, taking care of your plants – creativity shapes our lives). For example, I tried making my own “safety” mask the other day with my family. Needless to say, I failed in this stupid endeavor. But I had tremendous time and laughed my head off.
When it comes to entertaining on your own, do not forget Yabby casino is bet safe, crypto friendly and always here. We provide the ultimate entertainment and give the sweetest rewards. And the best part of it all is that we are quick as a wink – offering the best games and truly instant payouts.
Let’s hang around in the time of corona.